Awarepoint’s awareHandHygiene solution is a unique, auto-ID hand hygiene monitoring solution that uses real-time locating system (RTLS) technology to meet stringent hand hygiene compliance requirements.
The awareHandHygiene solution is an easy-to-deploy, enterprise capable solution that observes and reports on hand hygiene compliance 24 hours a day, seven days a week through a dynamic tracking and workflow automation engine that automatically and continuously monitors staff member compliance with defined hand hygiene protocols.
The system evaluates hand hygiene activity during (as well as immediately before and after) a patient encounter, notifying them when they have and have not complied with specific protocols. The system also alerts administrators and managers when a caregiver fails to comply with hand hygiene guidelines including the possible threat of contamination or cross contamination with patients. Compliance administrators can use the data collected to run detailed reports that calculate compliance rates, interactions, high traffic areas, and levels of hand hygiene supplies.
The system monitors hand hygiene compliance through a combination of small radio-frequency tags worn by staff members, sensors mounted on the ceiling throughout the facility and interface modules attached to disinfectant dispensers.
Selected key features of the awareHandHygiene solution:
- Room Level or Bed Level Precision
- Support for Multiple Product Types
- Mounting Options for Multiple Locations
- Integration with Varied Dispenser Mechanisms
Selected reports available for the awareHandHygiene solution:
- Log Report Lists
- Rate reports that calculate how often individuals and/or groups comply
- Average reports that can use either numbers, events or time intervals between events
- Customized reports for department or enterprise-wide needs